Shotblasting is the process of blasting a concrete surface with steel shot (small steel balls) at a high velocity.
This removes contamination and laitance (soft concrete) to reveal a mechanical profile for improved bonding.
The concrete dust is recovered by a powerful dust collection system.
Shot blasting is the Professionals' preferred solution:
• To clean and prepare surfaces before applying a coating / paint / resin and tiles.
• To remove old coatings and rubber from roads and airport runways.
• To remove markings from roads, highways, runways, industrial floors and more.
• To regenerate grip and improve safety on roads and runways.
Typical Shotblasting Applications :
• Concrete floor cleaning
• Membrane removal
• Rubber build-up removal
• Steel deck cleaning
• Surface cleaning
• Thin-mil (1-10 mils) epoxy removal
• Etching concrete
• Sealer removal
• Profile concrete